Friday, May 18, 2012

Wow, really late posting anything this week.  Busy, busy, busy...not.  So, more doggy drama...  Upon answering a knock at the door last week, I find a very small woman, about 5', standing there scratching Larry on the head.  The first words out of her mouth were, "These dogs are supposed to be on a leash."  Curious way of starting a conversation I thought.  And I must say, I didn't really appreciate the attitude in which she said it with.  So I stepped out of the rv and replied, "They are on wireless shock collars.  The owner told me that was fine."  The only thing she said was, "Well how are we supposed to know that?"  To which I replied, "Well ya know now, don't ya?"  Then she proceeded to tell me how Larry came charging at her across the yard barking viciously and that she was so frightened she just froze. And I'm thinking...  Really?  You were that frightened?  Then what in the hell possessed you to walk through the yard and knock on the door?  However, instead of saying it out loud I simply said, "Really?  You don't look that frightened." (As I look down at her hand, still scratching Larry's head...)  She didn't really care for my answer or the attitude in which I said it with either.  Now we're even.  Before the cat fight broke out I think she realized that she was out numbered, after all she was standing inside the safe zone...  That's when she finally introduced herself... as the park manager's wife.  Huh, and here I thought she was just one of the bitchy neighbors.  Go figure.  Yeah, we'll probably be moving soon.
 
Anyhoo... I've made some modifications since then to try to diminish the dogs bothering the neighbors.  For starters, duct taping one of those awesome silver windshield shades to the inside of the rv's windshield, which completely blocks the dog's view therefore, they don't surprise the passers by with their barking.  People don't typically look up for dogs when they're walking.  Oh, and did I mention how cool it looks too?  Yeah, high class.  We're more apt to fit in now.  We adjusted their invisible fence so now Larry can't sneak around the corner and surprise anybody without getting zapped.  Also, when we leave the dogs inside now I make sure that I leave Pandora on the Tom Petty station, just loud enough to drown out most outside noise so the dogs don't bark. That's working out pretty well so far.  I had no idea it would be so involved having three dogs in an rv.  I'm starting to feel like I'm on an episode of MacGyver.

What an exciting week we had around here.  Well at least one night was pretty exciting.  Some of the night shift got rained out last week so the party was on!  The local bar ran out of Jack, yes, that's correct, so we moved the party to the rv.  Not such a good idea.  Imagine if you will, half a dozen fairly drunken men, who have been working 80 hours a week for months with a lot of pent up testosterone, in possession of shock collars.  Oh yes, we have video.  This is one of those rare times when I will go with my better judgement so no, I am not going to post it.  I vaguely remember something in the directions about the possibility of facing prosecution for misusing the device.  That same night some of the other guys at the bar decided that it would be a great idea to chase the local deer.  In their pickup.  The sheriff's department didn't find that humorous at all.  They were in even worse humor when they caught the two of them... after a foot chase.  Ayyyyyeeeee.... Luckily for them someone was available to bail them out of jail the next morning.  I'm glad those idiots didn't wind up here.  We had a surplus of them running around already. 

Things we've learned this week that really have nothing to do with living in an rv park:
1.  Dogs love Tom Petty.  His voice is very soothing to them.
2.  Always make introductions at the beginning of any conversation so you know who's ass you are about to kick.  You might possibly change your mind.
3.  Don't drink and drive.  Don't drink and chase deer.  Don't drink and run from the police.  Don't drink and put a shock collar around your buddy's neck, or on his testicles, or on his ass, or anywhere else for that matter.

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm glad the drunks were using the shock collers on each other and not Jack, Larry or sweet Sadie!

    ReplyDelete