First, the doggy update - Jack, Larry and Katy learned their new boundaries very quickly and are doing extremely well with their "invisible" fence! Unfortunately it took us about three days to get Katy out of the RV without dragging or carrying her, but she's figured it out that she is allowed outside, in certain areas. They have also learned that the bathroom and the bedroom are out of their safe zone, which is quite convenient for me. No more dog piles in the bed after the hubs leaves for work in the morning! Yay for me!
So now that we have spent $600 and have the dogs contained in about a 20' x 30' area outside, the park manager informed me that the dogs "being outside are intimidating the people using the laundry", which is the yard, and another RV space and it's yard, away from us. Granted, they are fairly large dogs, and Larry may look a little demonic with that one white eye, but really they're quite friendly, unless they sense you're an asshole and then they're really not. I was also informed that "they were raising a lot of hell", while my husband and I were out having dinner one evening last week, "and disturbed the neighbors across the road who were trying to have a party"... Oookaaaay? At that point I wondered to myself if anyone had thought that maybe the neighbor's "party" disturbed our dogs and just possibly might be what set them off to "raising hell"? Hmmm.... On a happier note, the dogs no longer attempt to herd the little deer that roam freely about, or chase the cats that sit just outside of that invisible line and taunt them, they just sit, and watch, and wait... One of these days I think I'll take their collars off and turn them loose just for fun. Shake things up a bit. No sense in the taunters getting too comfortable. Heh heh heh...
Oooooh, and here's an interesting little story. Poop fairies. You don't really pay attention to how much your dogs poop unless you're forced to pick up after them. Every morning the dogs go outside and do their business and usually I pick up after them right away. I've got this handy dandy pooper scooper thing that makes it pretty darn easy. The other day however, I had my morning coffee then came inside, showered and got dressed. By the time I got back outside the dog poop had miraculously disappeared! That evening I complained to my husband that we either have a "poop fairy" or some nosy neighbor is cleaning up dog poop from our yard, which offended me by gosh. He just laughed and brushed it off. I however, having nothing better to do with my time, decided to investigate. The following day I intentionally left the dogs outside so if the "poop fairy" was in fact one of our neighbors I would be alerted by barking. Nope. Didn't happen, but again the poop was gone! Later that evening we decided to grill outside. As we are enjoying our meal at the picnic table I notice a piece of dog poop seemingly floating across the grass. What the heck?!?! Beetles. Dung beetles to be exact. Which happen to live on every continent except Antarctica. Thank you Wikipedia. I cannot imagine where they are taking all that poop to. Nor do I want to. So much for my "poop fairies".
Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can purchase single-ply toilet paper? Do they even make that stuff anymore? Apparently you cannot use regular toilet paper in an RV. Who knew? As I'm outside questioning my husband about whether he has the appropriate valves and such open for the sewer outlet, he whips around and in a not very nice tone states loudly that the problem is that "you use too much toilet paper." Hello! I don't pee standing up either you knuckle dragger! To which he responded, "call your father!" Oh boy. But, as any good father would, he immediately blamed it on my husband not having the appropriate valves open or he broke something, etc. It wasn't until my dad repeated every question I had asked previously that my husband took the phone away from me and explained to him just "how much toilet paper" I use. Somehow they fell into agreement with one another on the subject and I had to listen to both of them berate me about my extensive use of toilet paper. [sigh] We now have a different system.
Things we've learned this week about living in an RV, and a RV park:
1. "Poop fairies" don't exist. Dung beetles do.
2. Single-ply toilet paper. Very important.
Just a thought: you might want to trap some of those dung beetles to take with you to California just in case there is a shortage there. I am sure that you can find plenty of bait for your traps. Also.....a real entreprenur might see a business opportunity here.
ReplyDelete