Monday, April 30, 2012

Well, it's a done deal!  Got the house packed, everything in storage, my U-Haul loaded and headed for south Texas.  It was a mostly uneventful trip however, traveling with three large dogs in a Jeep pulling a U-Haul made it interesting to say the least.  It amazes me how much dogs shed, particularly when they get into warmer climates.  I'm fairly certain that I may have caused an accident or two simply by rolling the windows in the Jeep down and letting clouds of dog hair fly wildly out the windows.  I'm not sure how long it will take to get the dog hair out of the Jeep.  Glad I packed the shop vac.
So, twenty seven hours later, I arrive at my final destination.  The RV is parked in a nice little campground only a block or two from the bay.  There is a palm tree right in our front yard!  Palm trees are pretty amazing if you come from Colorado, let me tell ya.  It took me a couple of days to get the U-Haul unpacked and everything put away but it's done, finally!  Piece of advice, you REALLY don't need all of that stuff!  I think I may have to have a yard sale before we move to California...
My third day here I went to Walmart and spent $30 on a tv antenna.  I was soooo excited!  What I failed to realize however was our proximity to Mexico.  Soap operas in Spanish.  Yep, that was it.  As much as I would like to learn Spanish, I haven't yet.  I'll be returning the antenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment