So, the first post of my newly created blog. Better be something special.
My husband and I have decided to rent out our cozy little home and move. Into an RV.
Now what 42 year old woman in her right mind would give up a solid career, a quaint little 3 bed, 1 bath home with a nicely landscaped yard in a peaceful little town in Colorado to move into a 31' RV with a man and three, yes I said three, large Australian Shepherds? Well... it sounded like a very exciting adventure when we made this decision. I have no other reasons than that. Adventure. Something I've had a lot of in the past 12 months.
I met my husband in April 2011. After a whirlwind romance we were married on January 1, 2012. Our year together has been amazing! Our first real trip together was to Vegas over July 4th weekend. Three weeks later we were front and center at a Kid Rock concert at Cheyenne Frontier Days. Then there were several trips to the mountains to see friends for the weekend and a few Rockies games at Coors Field. Labor Day weekend we went to Pennsylvania and Maryland so I could meet a portion of my soon to be husband's family. Baltimore is an amazing by the way. In October we flew to Branson so I could meet the rest of the family, and drove back to Colorado. The beginning of December we were in Boston for a long weekend and at the end of December we were in South Padre Island, TX for our wedding/honeymoon. As I said, whirlwind!
So, now we've been married for four months and have settled into a not-so-adventurous routine and we've found ourselves bored out of our minds. My husband works in renewable energy, wind to be exact. He is quite accustom to being anywhere but home and living out of motel rooms. He recently found out that he will be working on a project in Texas for several months and will go from there to another project in California for another several months. This time I decided I'm tagging along. We're both very excited, if a little scared, about what a traveling life will hold for us. I am very much looking forward to some time off. He thinks I'll get bored inside of 30 days and go job hunting. Hence, my blog. This is going to be my way of "keeping busy" while making an attempt to relax and enjoy that time off that I desperately need. My hope is to entertain a few people with my "tales from the campground" in the process. At least my friends in Colorado will get a kick out of it, they know I'm funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment